Background of the Project
The Detailed Area Plan (DAP) is third and last tier of Development Plan for Dhaka City i.e. Dhaka Metropolitan Development Plan (DMDP). It provides more detailed planning proposals for specific sub-areas compliant with the Structure Plan and the Urban Area Plan.
Objective of the Project
DAP aimed to implement the Structure Plan and the Urban Area Plan policies and recommendations. The specific objectives of DAP are:
- Data management and dissemination at mouza dag level
- Providing a program for Multi-sector Investment Plan
- Providing control for private sector development and clarity and security of investment for inhabitants and investors
- Providing guideline for development considering the opportunity and constraints
- Ensure sustainable environment
Total area under DAP
DAP area is 1528 sq. km or 590 sq. miles which covers the total RAJUK’s jurisdiction area.
Jurisdiction of DAP Planning Area
- Gazipur Pourashava to the North
- Dhaleshawri River to the south
- Bangshi and Dhaleshawri River to the west
- Shitalakkhya and Meghna River to the East
Duration of DAP
DAP started in July 2004. The project will be completed by December 2008.
The total DAP area was divided into five groups and a number of small locations. These were awarded to five firms which are DDC, EPC, GBL, Sheltech (Pvt.) Ltd and BETS.